Our Kombucha Workshops! What to expect?
Aktualisiert: 5. Sept 2020
If you are interested in taking part in one of the Kombucha Workshops that are offered in Berlin, but you are not 100% sure which one to choose, then maybe this will help you to make up your mind.
Pictured: our very healthy Scobies!
- as you can see on the picture above, we make Kombucha professionally. So we have a lot more experience than someone that makes just couple of bottles for the upcoming workshop. Our Kombucha has to be consistently good & it is
- we have a physical place in Berlin called Bärbucha – Kombucha Café & Fermenterei.
So what that means is: you can always drop after the workshop if you have any problems
- just because we make our Kombucha commercially, it does not mean that we are unfamiliar with how Kombucha is made at home. Actually, our production process is quite similar as the one at home. We use glass jars for fermentation, we do not filter our Kombucha nor do we force-carbonate it, like many commercial breweries do
- you can always drop by to taste our Kombucha, if it would help you to make up your mind. We have the largest selection in Berlin (actually in whole Germany, to be more precise)
- if you decide to drop by, you can get a glass of your choice, decide on a bottle or two, or even better, you can pick one of our Kombucha Flights to sample even more
- in our Kombucha Café you'll be able to get all the needed supplies for you Kombucha brewing. From glass jars, through bottles, different teas or even other items like Jun Scoby.
- during the Workshop you will learn all the current terminology associated with Kombucha brewing, a bit of history & you will also learn the difference between different Kombucha that is currently on the market
- you will have a better understanding how crucial are good ingredients for you batch of Kombucha
- in a live visual, you will see how to make a batch of Kombucha, as well as what to do with the Kombucha when the first fermentation process is over
- you will be greeted with a glass of Kombucha & will sample some more during the workshop
- possible problems like molds, Kahm yeast & infestations will be explained
- our workshop lasts 1.5 hrs & at the end of the workshop, you'll have a chance to ask some questions, if you have any.
- you will receive a culture to take home at the end of the
- after the workshop, you'll have the opportunity to join our Facebook support group. There, you'll be able to refresh what you have learnt by going through the picture albums with detailed descriptions. Also, you can use that forum to ask questions & to get correct answers
- if you decide to stop by & ask some questions in person, you can still do that by visiting our Kombucha Cafe
Hopefully, that helped you make up your mind. We will be get an e-mail from you confirming your presence at one of our future workshops.
Here's a brief summary of what takes place during our Kombucha Workshop:
- introduction to Kombucha (touching on both history & terminology)
- the difference between different kinds of Kombucha (medicinal, commercial,
boutique & home made)
- importance of ingredients when making Kombucha (water, tea, sugar, cultures) - variety of factors that can influence the brew
- a visual how to make Kombucha (we will make a 5L batch of a green tea
Kombucha) & what to do with the finished Kombucha
- explanation of possible problems during brewing
- questions from participants